This is not my writing. It does capture my views.
"Top Ten Reasons I'm Not A (Left-)Liberal:
- Gun control. Liberals are completely wrong about this. A fair number of
them know better, too, but they sponsor lies about it as a form of class
warfare against conservative-leaning gun owners.
- Nuclear power. They're wrong about this, too, and the cost in both dollars
and human deaths by pollution and other fossil-fuel side-effects has been
- Affirmative action. These programs couldn't be a more diabolical or
effective plan for entrenching racial prejudice if the Aryan Nations had
- Abortion: The liberals' looney-toon feminist need to believe that a fetus
one second before birth is a parasitic lump of tissue with no rights, but a
fetus one second afterwards is a full human, has done half the job of making
a reasoned debate on abortion nigh-impossible.
- Communism. I haven't forgiven the Left for sucking up to the monstrous
evil that was the Soviet Union. And I never will.
- Socialism. Liberals have never met a tax, a government intervention, or a
forcible redistribution of wealth they didn't like. Their economic program
is Communism without the guts to admit it.
- Junk science. No medical study is too bogus and no environmental scare too
fraudulent for liberals. If it rationalizes bashing capitalism or slathering
on another layer of regulatory bureaucracy, they'll take it.
- Defining deviancy down. Liberals are in such a desperate rush to embrace
the `victimized by society' and speak the language of compassion that
they've forgotten how to condemn harmful, self-destructive and
- William Jefferson Clinton. Sociopathic liar, perjurer, sexual predator.
There was nothing but a sucking narcissistic vacuum where his principles
should have been. Liberals worship him.
- Liberals, by and large, are fools.
Top Ten Reasons I'm Not A Conservative:
- Censorship. The complete absence of evidence that exposure to pornography
or sexually-explicit material is harmful to children or anyone else doesn't
stop conservatives from advocating massive censorship.
- The War on Drugs. We found out that Prohibition was a bad idea back in the
1930s -- all it did was create a huge and virulent criminal class, erode
respect for the law, and corrupt our politics. Some people never learn.
- Creationism. I don't know who I find more revolting, the drooling morons
who actually believe creationism or the intelligent panderers who know better
but provide them with political cover for their religious-fundamentalist
agenda in return for votes.
- Abortion. The conservatives' looney-toon religious need to believe that a
fertilized gamete is morally equivalent to a human being has done the other
half of making a reasoned debate on abortion nigh-impossible.
- Racism. I haven't forgiven the Right for segregation, Jim Crow laws, and
lynching blacks. And I never will.
- Sexism. Way too much conservative thought still reads like an apologia for
keeping women barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen.
- Anti-science. Stem cells, therapeutic cloning -- it doesn't matter how
many more diabetes, cancer and AIDS patients have to die to protect the
anti-abortion movement's ideological flanks. Knowledge -- who needs it?
Conservatives would try suppressing astronomy if the telescope had
just been invented.
- Family values. Conservatives are so desperate to reassert the repressive
`normalcy' they think existed in grand-dad's time that they pretend we can
undo the effects of the automobile, television, the Pill, and the Internet.
And should try to.
- Ronald Wilson Reagan. A B-movie actor who thought ketchup was a vegetable.
His grip on reality was so dangerously weak that the Alzheimer's made no
perceptible difference. Conservatives worship him.
- Conservatives, by and large, are villains."
Well that's pretty much how I feel. I don't have much
love for the libertarians, the greens, or the independents either. They all have
very deep systemic flaws.
USS Clueless has an ideology that
I could maybe stand.